Caerphilly County Borough: Supporting People Team
Supporting People Team are here to help residents with any housing related support needs that include:
- Setting up and maintaining a home
- Preventing evictions / rent arrears / bedroom tax / council tax arrears / TV licence fines / help for people who are rough sleeping
- Arrears with Gas/Electricity
- Accessing education / volunteering / training / employment
- Claiming benefits/maximise income/benefit appeals/grant applications/PIP applications
- Budgeting/managing money/debt management
- Preventing homelessness
- Requiring a foodbank
Referrals can be made via our website – the form can be found on the right hand side of the page in the “contact us” section.
Can Do Transport
Accessible Transport scheme
Serving you in the local community
Are you elderly or disabled?
Do you have difficulty using public transport?
Can Do volunteer drivers are able to provide you with transport for:
Hospital, GP Appointments Dentist, Chiropodists, Physiotherapy or similar appointments Day Care
The scheme can be busy. As we relay on volunteers we are not able to guarantee to meet every request, although it is rare that we cannot help. Bookings for the scheme should be made as well in advance as possible (minimum of 3 working days).
Cost of journey will be advised at the time of booking, for further information telephone 01495 233555
Are you aged 50+, living in the Caerphilly area and returning home after a stay in hospital?
If so, click here to download an information leaflet (PDF, 494KB)